Additional Guideline for This Board (Upd. July 15, 2020) Jun 27, 2003 23:48:54 GMT -5
Post by Ratqueen on Jun 27, 2003 23:48:54 GMT -5
Below are additional guidelines and information that apply to this forum only. Please read the general rules to use use the forum as well.
Perks for Showing Your Petz
If you are showing your Petz at all, you can have your very own Member Showroom here on RKC, which you can decorate any way you want and use to keep track of your petz' careers, show them off, or keep those Petz pictures URLs handy -- use it any way you like!
You can also pick up any of the graphic awards and trophies below if your petz have earned a placement or title in a show. They can be used in your own shows, to highlight or display the current status of a particular show pet, track your progress, place in your Showroom, or show off in your signature. You can use them in any way you want on RKC -- even edit and personalize them if you like.
- All show entries must be posted and visible in the forum.
Posting Your Show:
- Choose a clear subject for your show, so people know exactly what type of show it is without opening it (see below).
- Post the exact rules for your show and the awards to be given to the winners, if any.
- Specify how many entries are allowed per member, as well as the total number of entries until you judge. You may also specify an ending time.
- Please judge your currently open show(s) before opening another one of the same type.
Types of Shows:
You can open all kinds of different shows in the Show Arena! Here are some ideas and how you could describe them in your show's subject:
- YOUR NAME'S Dogz/Catz Pose Show #... (your own rules)
- YOUR NAME'S Express Dogz/Catz Pose Show #... (2 entries per member, 10 entries total)
- YOUR NAME'S Everybody Wins/EBW Dogz/Catz Pose Show (1 entry per member, 5 entries total)
- YOUR NAME'S Cute Dogz/Catz/Petz Show #... (your own rules)
- YOUR NAME'S Funny Pix Dogz/Catz/Petz Show #... (your own rules)
- YOUR NAME'S Dogz/Catz/Petz Fashion Show #... (your own rules)
- YOUR NAME'S Dogz/Catz/Petz Cute/Funny/Other Poll Show #... (your own rules, will be turned into a poll for public voting when filled out)
- YOUR NAME'S Outrageous Petz Gone Wild & Showing Teeth! (or whatever you can come up with! )
Judging Your Show:
- Please judge your show in a timely manner. If you don't, someone else may be asked to judge it.
- Any show with at least 5 entries that lingers for too long will eventually be judged, regardless of its original entry requirements. If you don't judge it yourself, someone else will be picked to do it. If a show is still empty or only has 1-4 entries after a long period of time, it will be locked and eventually deleted.
- Be fair when judging a show! Don't show any favoritism towards your friends, or for a particular type of pets when judging a pose show.
Maintaining Your Show:
- When you have judged your show, post the show results in your original post and edit its subject to add (JUDGED!). Also, please post the results in a reply message in your thread, so that all entrants receive a notification.
- Although you don't have to, you may also want to periodically check and add the current number of entries in your subject, for instance (5/10) to indicate you have 5 entries out of 10 so far.
Do NOT edit show pictures, unless it's a special show that requires it, or a small inconspicuous prefix/watermark! Images with a transparent background are not allowed. If you are caught cheating, you may be banned from entering any future shows in the forum!